Kartik Purnima is happened on the full moon day of Shukla Paksha of Kartik month and with this Dev Deepawali is celebrated on the day of Kartik Purnima. The day of Kartik Purnima is very special in Hinduism. It is believed that on this day the gods and goddesses come to the earth. The festival of Kartik Purnima falling in Kartik Shukla Paksha will be celebrated today on 8 November 2023. This day is considered very important religiously and spiritually.
This day is also dedicated to Mata Lakshmi and Bhagwan Vishnu and on this day, worshiping Lord Vishnu and Mother Lakshmi as per the Hindu religion, they get their blessings and the devotee never has to face any financial crisis. In this article, let’s know the worship Kartik Purnima Date 2022 and importance of Kartik Purnima. We will also share Kartik Purnima 2023 Upay, Kartik Purnima Significance, Kartik Purnima Rituals so read the whole page.
Kartik Purnima Date 2023
The month of Kartik is dedicated to Lord Vishnu as by worshiping Lord Vishnu in this month, he gets pleased soon and fulfils all the wishes. According to religious beliefs, those who do daan and dakshina by bathing in holy rivers in the month of Kartik get washed away from all their sins. It is said that if a devotee observes the fast of Kartik Purnima with a sincere heart, then he can get the result of a hundred Ashwamedha Yagya. The month of Kartik is a very sacred month in Hindu Religion. According to the Hindu calendar, Kartik Purnima is on the Shukla Paksha of Kartik month.
As per the Panchang, Kartik Purnima will start from 04:15 PM on 07 November and will end on 08 November 2023 at 04:31 pm. Since in Hindu religion every work is done according to the sunrise. Therefore, the fast of Kartik Purnima should be observe on 08 November 2023.
Kartik Purnima 2023 Date and Time
|Purnima Tithi Begins||7 November 2023 – 04:15 PM|
|Purnima Tithi Ends||8 November 2023 – 04:31 pm|
Kartik Purnima 2023 Upay
- On the day of Kartik Purnima, taking a bath with milk mixed with water removes physical problems. After bath, remember Lord Vishnu.
- On the day of Kartik Purnima, put 2 cardamoms and saffron with Gangajal in the water, and then take a bath. It results in getting all the tasks successful and also Lord Vishnu is also pleased with this.
- Turmeric is very dear to Lord Vishnu, so Lord Vishnu is pleased by bathing with light turmeric in water as it will remove your problems related to marriage are removed.
Kartik Purnima 2023 Significance
The month of Kartik has a very special significance in Hinduism as this month is very dear to Lord Vishnu. If the devotees worship Lord Vishnu with a pure heart in this month, then all his/her wishes can be fulfilled soon. According to astrology, the defects present in the birth chart can also be removed by worshiping in this month.
Taking a bath in the holy rivers in the month of Kartik and doing daan dakshina can get rid of the sins committed in life. Not only this, by observing the fast of Kartik Purnima, one gets the results of a hundred Ashwamedha Yagyas.
Kartik Purnima 2023 Rituals
- It is important to wake up before sunrise on the day of Kartik Purnima and take a bath in a holy river.
- If bathing in the river is not possible due to some reason, then you can also take bath by mixing some Ganga Jal in the bathing water. It is believed that taking a bath on this day gives results similar to hundred Ashwamedha Yagyas
- Offer arghya to the sun after bath as by this one gets freedom from sins and gets the blessings of Lord Bhaskar.
- Offering daan and dakshina on the day of Kartik Purnima as by doing this you can earna Punya.
- On this day you can offer food, fruits, sesame, rice, amla to the poor and needy.
- On the day of Kartik Purnima, there is a significance of lit a lamp under a river, pond, temple, courtyard or open sky. Also, light a lamp in the evening in front of the Tulsi ji.
Things not to do on Kartik Purnima
- Do not return empty handed to anyone who comes home on the day of Kartik Purnima.
- Do not speak harsh words to any poor, needy, helpless and elderly.
- If you insult any person on this day, then you could get into trouble.
- Brahmacharya should be followed on the day of Kartik Purnima.
- Non-vegetarian food, alcohol, garlic and onion should not be used on this day.
- Do not get up after sunrise on Kartik Purnima. Rather, on this day one should wake up early in the morning and take bath in Brahma Muhurta.